Well it has begun once again for arguable the most anticipated sporting event today and why is it the most anticipated. Well that is easy to answer because it is teh only sport that puts amateurs and professionals on teh same playing level. The sport I am talking about is the World Series of Poker for those of you that don’t know. It has been almost a full year since the WSOP handed out the coveted bracelets to the winner of each event which ranged from the most recognizable texas hold em all the way to the game of horse.
This year will not be any different because the WSOP has another 53 bracelets to hand out to yet another field of potential champions in their respected field event. The most sought after bracelet would have to be though the World Championship Texas hold em event which is a $10,000 buy-in event that begins on July 3rd and will run an estimated 10 days at which point the game will consist of only 9 players. These players will then have to wait until November 9th though to start the conclusion of the tournament because of a plan that the WSOP have come up with to gain more attention to the game of poker.
The 2008 WSOP will officially begin on May 30th at the Rio Hotel & Casino witht the start of the World Championship Pot Limit Hold em $10,000 buy-in event and the following with almost 2 new events starting everyday and then ending with the World Championship no-limit texas hold em main event.
For the players that want to play in the WSOP but don’t want to pay $10,000 for one of the World Championship events the there are lower limit tournaments that if will increase your bankroll tremendously. The WSOP has a wide variety of buy-in events .
1) $1,000- Tournaments on June 3rd, 8th (Ladies only), 23rd (seniors only), 25th
2) $1,500- Tournaments on May 31st, June 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 9th, 10th, 13th, 14th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 21st, 22nd, 24th, 26th, 28th, 29th, 30th and July 1st.
3) $2,000- Tournaments on June 4th, 8th, 10th, 12th, 20th, 27th
4) $2,500- Tournaments on June 5th, 7th, 12th, 16th, 22nd
5) $3,00- Tournaments on June 11th and 15th
6) $5,000- Tournaments on June 2nd, 6th, 9th, 11th, 14th, 17th, 26th and July 2nd
7) $10,000- Tournaments on May 30th, June 4th, 7th, 13th, 15th, 19th, 29th and July 3rd
8) $50,000- World Championship H.O.R.S.E event on June 25th
The WSOP is also going to be holding satellites daily at the Rio Hotel & Casino at different levels for the players that don’t want to commit a large amount of money right away. The satellites for the tournaments can also be found on almost any online poker website and some of the top websites are even doing freerolls for a chance to win a complete trip and entry into the 2008 World Series of Poker Main Event.
All in all the next couple of months are going to be really exciting for the town of sin and all of pokers eyes will be focused on Las Vegas. If you believe you can take down the pro’s and everyone else in the tournament, then test your skill with the best and go win a bracelet.