Layne Flack A No Show

Recommend this!

0106_NBC POKER AFTER DARK 2The night before the NBC Heads-Up Poker Championship there was a draw party at the popular Pure Nightclub where almost everyone that was going to take part in the poker tournament was at having a good time. The draw party was a time when all the players were able to get together where they would then find out who and when they would be playing their first match during the NBC Heads-Up Poker Championship. There was a lot of drinking going on between everyone during the party at Pure Nightclub and when there is a lot of drinking going on between people then there sometimes is the chance that someone will make a bad decision. Well one of the players that was in attendance was Layne Flack and as we can not confirm or deny if Layne was drinking he did end up in a little trouble following the conclusion of the draw party at Pure Nightclub which caused him to miss the NBC Heads-Up Poker Championship. He was replaced by David Oppenheim.

After the draw party Layne was seen by a police officer going 21 mph over the speed limit and according to the police officer Layne refused to pull over right away. Once Layne was pulled over the officer tried to give Layne Flack a breathalyzer as the officer suspected Layne of being intoxicated but Layne did end up refusing. The police officer then took Layne Flack to the police department and due to that Layne was held for a mandatory six hours which then meant he was going to miss the 2009 NBC Heads-Up Poker Championship. 

Now after these allegations came to public Layne Flack decided to release a statement on his behalf.

“I attended the Draw Party at Pure on Friday night and then met with my brother, who had flown into Vegas for Heads Up. I was under the impression that I was to play in the last bracket the next evening at around 8 pm. I was pulled over for speeding and refused a breathalyzer test as I have been instructed to do. I have no idea why I was written a ticket for failing to yield to an emergency vehicle. There were no emergency vehicles around, besides the police car. A test, given by the Las Vegas PD, later revealed that I had a blood alcohol content of zero. I also took a blood test, as I have nothing to hide. I was held for the mandatory six hours and released. I always go out of my way to not drink and drive. I regret that I was not able to play in NBC Heads Up and hope to be invited next year to play in this prestigious event.” 

Please note that we can not confirm or deny any allegation toward Layne Flack.

Leave a Reply